Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Live your WILDEST dreams!

What would you wish for if you could have ANYTHING in the entire Universe? A better job? Bigger house? Nice holidays?

I've spent some time recently thinking about this and I've realised that when we are asked what we wish for most, we are often very modest and reserved with our ask. We try to pick something that seems 'within our reach'. Something that we think is realistic. And not too 'greedy'.

But really, if you could have ANYTHING by simply just asking, why not ask for it all? Instead of the slightly larger house, why not ask for your DREAM beach house, filled with light and air, where you can entertain your friends and family and do your morning yoga practice on the beach? Rather than that promotion, why don't you ask to be an AMAZING business person, doing what you LOVE and making more $ than you could ever have imagined? I think we often don't want to appear materialistic or greedy but if having all of these things allows us more time to spend with our family, the freedom to spend that summer travelling Europe, eating gelato in Italy and sipping expensive champagne in France, wouldn't that be ok?

I'm making a conscious effort to dream BIG. Why not join me! What is there to loose?

V xx


2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more (and have written a blog post about the subject myself)!
    My big dream is to eventually make enough money from passive or internet based skills income so that I can live in another country for 3 months of the year every year. I want to have the freedom to explore more often and every day I try to keep that big dream in the forefront of my mind.
    Thanks for the beautiful reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you. All too often we limit ourselves to what we consider is "reasonable". I say that we're not asking to set up camp on Mars or something equally tricky and while there are other people in this world living the dream life you want (even if it's just one) then don't settle for less. Obviously the proviso is (and I think you mention this in another post) that if you are happy where you are now and truly appreciate your current life, that when the rest comes it will just be a jolly bonus.

    I found you through Marie Forleo's B-school. Looking forward to getting to know you on there.

    Cheryl (Make Me Joyful)

    ReplyDelete