Friday, November 26, 2010

Absolute and complete technical meltdown!


It has been an eventful 24 hrs at Buttercup Ink HQ... Yesterday afternoon, my lovely Mac decided to go into full and unrecoverable meltdown! There was some freezing and then suddenly nothing. No warning. Just instant disaster!!! When I tried to re-boot I experienced what I've always dreaded... the 'click of death'!

I immediately rushed her down to the local Mac store in the hope that they could perform CRP and resuscitate her but it was no use. It was too late.

It was a harrowing 24 hrs but she's now back home having undergone a full hard drive replacement. Lesson learned? Back up more than once a month and back up email!

I've probably lost about the last 6 weeks of work and ALL email! It could have been so much worse though as I just delivered a big wedding invitation job to a client on Wednesday night!

I know I can link my Mac mail to a gmail account so I think I'm going to do that. Seeing as my lovely girl was 'going under the knife' I decided to give her a bit of a 'nip and tuck' and upgraded to the latest Mac operating system which comes with Time Machine - automatic and constant back up! Perfect! Only thing I have to do now is reinstall all my software which I'm sure all you fellow designers know can be a rather 'tricky' job!

So for all of you who are like me and keeping meaning to back up... DO IT TODAY!!! Don't do as the poster suggests. My recommendation is to take action now and save yourself from panic later!

V xx

2 comments:

  1. Love the comical way you have put your horror story across Mhairi. Sounds like you're going to be busy having to reinstall your software now.....good luck!!

    ReplyDelete