Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The art of typography


Typography is a major part of my designs. I know other designers out there will relate to this but I can honestly spend an eternity searching for the perfect fonts to use in my designs.

Often there is a frustration designers experience when a client says, "I don't like the font. Can you change it all to Times New Roman?" Little do they know that you've spent a week trying to find the ideal font that works perfectly for their project! I'm learning to become less precious when it comes to font selection and will accommodate the client if they aren't going to budge - even after my rationale spiel about why the particular font has been chosen.

There is one exception... I will NEVER use Comic Sans. Never. Not even if my life depended on it!

There's a great article here all about fonts... enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment