Friday, July 30, 2010

Happy Friday


It's been a busy week here at Buttercup Central. Yesterday I had my application accepted at Designer Sphere. I've been working lately at getting Buttercup Ink ready to venture out into the big world of wholesale and this will be a great tool for me to use to connect with retailers. It's basically an online wholesale trade fair where retailers register and get to meet new designers across Australia who are offering wholesale.

My goal is to get Buttercup Ink products in 10 retail outlets across Australia by Christmas. Fingers crossed!

There's just soooo much to think about with wholesale. Pricing, shipping, payment terms, minimum orders, blah, blah, blah! With the help of Megan at Craft MBA and her eBook on wholesale and trade fairs along with countless other books, website and people I'm about 95% there.

Anyway, the sun is out and I'm meeting some of the fab girls in my Mothers' Group for a chit chat and play date with the kids. My month end and delightful Excel spreadsheets can wait until tomorrow! Before the playing commences though, Gabriel has to go get his 12 month immunisations. Poor baby.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Anything interesting happening?

V xx

6 comments:

  1. wow Vari ...lots of stuff happening over at your end ! Wish you a lot of success as you spread your wings. It is a big leap considering you started your biz recently.
    Here, I am still fumbling with the itty bitty stuff . Tying up loose ends before I make a debut on etsy. Will let you know when it is up and running.
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww poor Gabe, hope he goes well.
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Gabriel - the 12 month needles are the worst :( I almost cried when Grace had hers - hope your little one is brave. Have a lovely Mother's Group catch up xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lakshmi. I'm really focused on the business at the moment and really want to get out there. I'm guilty of being quite the procrastinator in so many other areas so I'm surprising myself! Thanks for your support! Good luck with your Etsy launch!

    My boy was a superstar at the maternal health nurse yesterday! There was a little crying but he was quickly distracted by the bubbles Sarah had! Think we're going to have to get some emergency bubbles for the house!

    V xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier! Wow you have a great blog here. Lovely stationery in your Made It shop. Good luck with your goal of retailer take-up - your work is fresh and unique, so I can't see you having a problem! Alison

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good ;luck with everything! We have a madeit shop too :-) just joined your blog. love your work!

    ReplyDelete