Thursday, June 24, 2010

A little story of weirdness

I often have people struggle when pronouncing my name - especially as it sounds so different with my Glaswegian accent! I was out getting some last minute bits and pieces for Gabe's birthday tomorrow - had a meeting with the Birthday Fairy about a train set at Aldi as they have a fab toy sale today - and stopped to grab a coffee on the way home. The guy asked my name and after the 3rd time, chose to just make something up that he thought sounded close! He said, "Aw, Bridie. Sorry, I didn't get it first time." Now I don't think Bridie is even close to Vari and a rather unusual name to pick but here is the weird part... THAT'S MY MUM'S NAME!!!

I love when weird and wonderful little things like that happen so I though I'd share it with you!

V xx

1 comment:

  1. I understand what you mean about people struggling with your name. I have had a fair share of that happen to me as well !
    Bridie isn't close to Vari but apparently Bridie is close to you :)
    Interesting story...here's hoping people learn to pronounce our names close enough !
    Lakshmi

    ReplyDelete